KIERAN FLANAGAN SPEAKER
"Top 25 C-Suite Speakers to watch." MEETINGS & CONVENTIONS USA
Kieran Flanagan is the Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at The Impossible Institute™, a strategic think-tank that helps organisations make positive change and make change positive!
For over twenty years, Kieran Flanagan has been one of the most influential leaders in the creative industries. A Business & Innovation Strategist, Kieran works as a speaker, author, educator & mentor helping individuals, leaders and organisations navigate the business world of the future by unlocking their team’s genius and developing their critical & creative thinking.
In a stellar career, Kieran has:
- Directed the Strategic and Creative team behind the most successful new product launch in Australian history
- Developed new product lines for Coca-Cola and Unilever, Invented new media formats for News Corp and created interaction systems for categories as diverse as fast food chains and government departments
- Trained the current generation of creative leaders as a director at Australia’s premier creative school, AWARD, and as senior lecturer at The Miami Ad School
- Designed the Innovation Curriculum for The Entourage - Australia’s largest Entrepreneurship Education Organisation
- Co-authored future trends book “Shift” and behavioural treatise “Selfish, Scared & Stupid” with her business partner Dan Gregory.
- Served as a faculty mentor at Thought Leaders Business School
Kieran Flanagan helps organisations lead the change they wish to see in the world and has spoken to audiences as diverse as the United Nations in Singapore (as part of a group working to end human trafficking), innovation teams at Coca Cola, leadership forums for Banking Corporations and facilitated Future of Education & Innovation Summits. All while producing work for markets as far flung as the United States, Russia, Asia, Europe and as a content partner to TEDx Sydney.
Tomorrow’s competitive advantage is all in your mind.
Performance and relevance is no longer a function of our knowledge or present moment understanding. Nor is it necessarily linked to our capability or proficiency within existing processes.
Today’s metric for high performance is mental agility and strategic innovation. An ability to think, un-think, re-think and most critically out-think! Brain training may have increased our processor speed, but now we need to update our mental software also.
In this exciting and thought provoking presentation, Kieran Flanagan will explore how we drive “success by design” and advance innovation on purpose - deliberately, consistently and congruently.
Think of it as “Luminosity for the business brain”.
For leaders who need to design strategies to out-wit the competition, sales people looking to be more agile on their feet and product teams wanting to develop their design-thinking tool kit and facilitate greater innovation.
- An ability to change the game by changing the frame of reference
- Skills to encourage a culture of creative & critical thinking - driving innovation and better strategic solutions
- A mindset that helps individuals think on their feet and be more proactive
- Tools that help individuals bring better ideas to the table and use better judgement in assessing them
How We-Q™ & Team Design drive performance & innovation.
Success today is as much a cultural capability as it is the sum total of all the individual performances within the team. As our work takes on increasing levels of complexity and we develop technology that facilitates hyper-connectivity -the demand for ever greater transparency and accountability increases also. This means our teams and systems need to become more connected and collaborative.
However, as is always the case when dealing with human beings, as teams form we experience friction points, unconscious biases, prejudices and habitual behaviours that can prevent a team performing at their best.
In this timely and powerful presentation, Kieran Flanagan will reveal how to construct teams for maximum cognitive diversity, to recognise and amplify the “multiple intelligences” in each team member and also raise their Collaborative Intelligence (or We-Q™) within the organisation.
For leaders, managers and teams who need to be more collaborative as they navigate a world of increasing complexity and connectivity.
- Team structure that drives a shared sense of purpose and productive tension
- Systems, processes & metrics to make collaboration more likely and enjoyable
- A more collaborative approach to cross selling using Co-PIs™ not just KPIs
- A sense of purpose and belonging linked to team identity
The trends & skills shaping the future of business, society & success.
We’re living in an age of unprecedented change where even those of us who are early adopters struggle to keep up.
This makes an insightful awareness of the trends and opportunities that are emerging in our values, our society, in business models, technology, communications, the marketplace and capabilities one of the most powerful tools we can posses.
Truthfully, this incredibly changing landscape makes this about the most exciting time to be alive... but only for those willing to embrace Future Intelligence.
For leaders, managers, businesses and teams trying to navigate an ever changing environment and invest in the skills & capabilities that the future will demand.
- Increased awareness of the trends shaping technology & communications, society & culture, our values & institutions, the marketplace and the economy
- Skills to navigate change & build cultures that feed on it rather than live at mercy of it
- A capacity to use future trends as a filter for opportunity for sales and innovation within new markets and new product applications
- A sense of mental agility that thrives in, and even craves, the energy of a business experiencing change
#Leadership #Change #Strategy
Do more than manage change… lead it!
We’re living in an age of unprecedented change - industries are consolidating, careers are transitioning, business models are modifying and AI and robotics are transforming the way we think about work. But is there more to change than tech?
We believe there are three spheres of influence in #ChangeLeadership - what’s changing, what needs changing and what is unchanging. Most of our focus is on what’s changing, there are some of us who are innovating at the fringes and driving what needs changing, however, very few of us have paid any attention to what’s unchanging. Ironically, this is where most of our power lies.
This exciting and inspiring Co-Keynote, delivered by the Co-Founders of The Impossible Institute, is the futurist keynote you’ve been waiting for - it’s not about scaring you to death with predictions of a dystopian future, it’s about equipping you to lead the change you wish to see in the world - now & tomorrow.
Whether you’re a leader, an organisation or an individual trying to navigate change and wondering how to construct a strategy to not only survive, but thrive, this is the presentation for you.
- Increased awareness of what’s changing in the way we work, how we exchange value, how we solve problems and ultimately interrelate
- Tools to develop a strategy to lead what needs changing
- And understanding of what is unchanging and where to invest your time, money and energy in terms of training, education and skills development
© 2017 The Impossible Institute