Make what's not... possible!
Helping today's leaders develop "forever skills".
We're living in an age of unprecedented change - futurists and economists are making predictions that alternate between the surreal but exciting and the catastrophically frightening. The truth, as it often does, probably lies somewhere in the middle.
The problem is, very few of these experts offer much in the way of guidance. Change is a given... now what?
We believe, that as important as focusing on what's changing is, perhaps more important is developing "forever skills". The skills that will not only always be in demand but also confer a competitive advantage to those who are willing to master them.
In 25 years of working with virtually every industry sector and business category, we've identified that these forever skills tend to fall into two distinct but related fields. This is the case regardless of whether you work in the C-Suite at the big end of town or if you're a bootstrapping Entrepreneur looking to punch above your weight. They are:
- Strategic Leadership & Influence
- Creative & Critical Thinking
Strategic Leadership & Influence - a capacity to engage others in the potential and importance of your ideas will always be critical to leaders in business and indeed in society, regardless of how the world changes. But Creative & Critical Thinking is how we generate those ideas, assess them for value and execute them in a way that drives commercial and social impact.
We help leaders, professionals, teams and entrepreneurs develop these capabilities.
We do this through:
Planning to Win
Upgrade your Strategic Planning and Issue Hacking tool chest.
For Leaders, Managers & Entrepreneurs seeking a more powerful an innovative approach to strategic planning and issue hacking.
The true value of an organization and a leader does not lie in their people (despite what they might say publicly at the AGM), after all, people leave, they take other jobs, work for competitors and not all those who stay are what we would call assets. No, the true value of a leader is their capacity to design and execute strategy, to solve problems more innovatively than their competitors, to out-think the market place and build intellectual property of real value.
One of the issues we face in strategic planning and issue hacking is that our methodologies are generic - we use the same systems as our competitors and typically generate the same generic results.
What worse is, much of our thinking is impotent if it is not translated into actionable activities that bring our vision, mission and goals to life. This program is designed to change that. Specifically, we'll delve into:
- How to turn Vision into Action and Values into Behaviors
- The Un-SWOT process where we identify blind spots and turn vulnerabilities into assets
- How to be more creative in our ideation and more critical in our judgement
- Business strategy tools that identify untapped markets and fuel innovation and new product development
Enquire now: email@example.com
Pitch, Present & Persuade
Master the art of Persuasive Communication and building Buy-In.
For Leaders, Pitch Teams & Professionals ready to take their persuasive skills to level ‘MadMen’.
No matter what you do for a living, you're in sales. You might be selling a vision, building buy-in with your team or exciting your customers. It's all about selling - selling down, selling up and selling to. Make no mistake about it, your professional and business success is driven by your capacity to engage, influence and persuade.
The problem is, few of us have learned how to present effectively, fewer still understand the nuance of the pitch and that is why persuasion is often dismissed as a “soft-skill” or worse, a dark art!
This workshop is specifically designed for organizations, leaders and teams who recognise the power of being able to communicate persuasively and are determined to build a team that is more influential, engaged and engaging. Specifically, we'll look at:
- Your individual communications style - where it works and where it needs work
- How to construct a sequenced argument that persuades and engages through narrative and variety
- How to present effectively and inspirationally by stealing the tools stand up comedians and professional speakers use
- How to be more influential through the use of values alignment and the psychology of identity
Enquire now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Develop Self-Awareness and unlock Team Genius.
For Leaders, Managers and Professionals wanting to better understand themselves, their people & their customers.
Each of us is a unique combination of strengths and weaknesses. However, there are patterns in the way we perceive information, how we hear meaning and how we see our place in the world.
One of the most critical tools used to navigate these tendencies, to motivate ourselves, drive empathy our teams and promote clarity in communication is an ability to read personality archetypes.
A skill with archetypes informs preferred methods of communication as well as revealing unconscious biases and hidden motivations that lead to more effective understanding and communications.
This workshop is ideal for leaders, managers and professionals who recognize that being more self-aware and aware of others is key to commanding influence and engagement. Specifically, we'll cover:
- The four filters (or lenses) we view the world through
- How to identify archetypes through language, behavioral and visual cues
- Developing an awareness of strengths, weaknesses and friction points
- Learning how to build powerful teams against a strengths matrix
Enquire now: email@example.com
CO-FOUNDER & CEO
Dan Gregory is the Co-Founder, President and CEO of The Impossible Institute™, a strategic think-tank that helps organizations develop capabilities in Strategic Leadership & Influence and Creative & Critical Thinking!
A Behavioral Researcher & Strategist, Dan Gregory works as a speaker, author, consultant, and social commentator. His passion is Strategic Leadership & Influence – what inspires and drives our people, our communities and ourselves.
He helps leaders, managers, sales teams, marketers and individuals understand what inspires action, influences behavior, lights people up and builds cultures of the willing.
Leading one of the country’s most prolific strategic and creative teams, Dan Gregory developed new product lines for Coca-Cola and Unilever, invented new media formats for News Corp, created interaction systems for categories as diverse as fast food chains and government departments and launched internal and external engagement campaigns for companies as varied as Vodafone, MTV and the United Nations
In that time, Dan also:
- Directed the strategic and creative team behind the most successful new product launch in Australian history with business partner, Kieran Flanagan
- Oversaw the most successful brand resurrection achieved anywhere in the world
- Serves as a Director on the White Ribbon Board and works as an ambassador to make violence against women a man's issue too
- Is a Partner and Ambassador for Thought Leaders Global - an organization dedicated to helping smart people be commercially smart also.
Dan Gregory is a captivating speaker whose business acumen is matched by a rapier wit and rare human insight gained during a three year sabbatical working on the US and UK stand-up comedy circuits – skills put to great use in front of millions of viewers as a regular on ABC TV’s “Gruen” series.
When he’s not working, Dan can be found on a plane travelling from one city to another, or on one of his motorbikes. “For me, it’s meditation and a great metaphor for leadership and business - you only have 10% to 20% control, but you have 100% responsibility... and the only thing that keeps you alive, is strategy.”
His mission is to help organizations build more engaged cultures and to help leaders achieve strategies that make success, not only more likely, but automatic.
CO-FOUNDER & CCO
Kieran Flanagan is the Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at the Impossible Institute™, a strategic think-tank that helps organizations design the future of business and make what’s not… possible!
For over twenty years, Kieran Flanagan has been one of the most influential leaders in the creative industries. A Social Researcher & Business Strategist, Kieran is a speaker, author, educator and mentor who helps individuals, teams, leaders and organizations navigate the business world of the future.
In addition to being one of the only female leaders from the world of MadMen, Kieran Flanagan was also one of the youngest Creative Directors to lead an award-winning advertising agency.
In an impressive career, she has lead multi-national accounts across multi-disciplinary departments and businesses working at McCann, Smart, Kindred and VCD (a team she helped found and build into the “Agency of the Year” within her first three years in the industry).
In that time, Kieran also:
- Directed the Strategic and Creative team behind the most successful new product launch in Australian history
- Designed the Innovation Curriculum for The Entourage - Australia’s largest Entrepreneurship Education Organization
- Won awards around the world for creativity, effectiveness and Return On Investment
- Developed new product lines for Coca-Cola and Unilever
- Invented new media formats for News Corp
- Created interaction systems for categories as diverse as fast food chains and government departments
- Trained the current generation of creative leaders as a director at Australia’s premier creative school, AWARD, and as a senior lecturer at The Miami Ad School
- Co-authored business trend analysis book “Shift” and behavioral treatise “Selfish, Scared & Stupid” with her business partner Dan Gregory.
Kieran Flanagan helps organizations develop capabilities in Creative & Critical Intelligence, speaking to audiences as diverse as the United Nations in Singapore (as part of a group working to end human trafficking), innovation teams for Coca Cola, leadership forums for the “Big 4” Banking Corporations and Facilitated Education Innovation Summits. All while producing work for markets as far flung as the United States, Russia, Asia, Europe and as a content partner to TEDx Sydney.
Kieran is a passionate advocate for the commercial power of creativity and helping organizations build the businesses of the future.
"Kieran and Dan facilitated a highly engaging, entertaining and thought provoking workshop around entrepreneurship, risk taking and decision making within a highly regulated environment."
PO Box 226
Broadway NSW 2007
+61 (0)2 9651 5384
© 2017 The Impossible Institute